The International Journal of Multidisciplinary Comparative Studies will publish book reviews on major books across fields and sub-
fields covered by the journal.
- If you are interested in reviewing a book for the Journal, please send an expression of interest to the Editors –
- Authors and publishers should also contact the Editors if they would like their books to be reviewed in the journal.
Guidelines for Book Reviews
The IJMCS seeks reviews that assess a book’s strengths and weaknesses and locate it within the current field of scholarship. A review should not simply be a listing of contents, though its overall organization and emphasis are up to the individual reviewer. Reviewers should avoid lists of minor imperfections (e.g., misplaced commas) but should not hesitate to draw attention to serious editorial problems and errors of fact or interpretation. It is also helpful if reviewers indicate for which audiences and libraries the book seems appropriate. The Book Review Editors reserve the right to edit for content and length. In summary, book reviews should be timely and objective and should consider the following:
- The intended audience for the book and who would find it useful
- The main ideas and major objectives of the book and how effectively these are accomplished
- The soundness of methods and information sources used
- The context or impetus for the book –
political controversy, review research or policy, etc
- Constructive comments about the strength and weaknesses of the book
Book reviews for the International Journal of Multidisciplinary Comparative Studies should be should be double spaced, using a standard sized font. All material, including long quotes, should be double-
The review should begin with a hanging indent paragraph for each book in the review that includes its title, subtitle, author/s or (editor/s), and publishing information in the following format:
All subsequent paragraphs should be indented. There are no footnotes in The International Journal of Multidisciplinary Comparative Studies book reviews. References to texts not under review should be parenthetical only. Also, please type your name and institution, exactly as you wish it to be published, at the end of the review. For example: Patrick Ainley, University of Greenwich, UK.
The following information should be given about the book being reviewed at the start of each review:
- Author/Editor Name, Book Title, Publisher, Year of Publication, ISBN: 000-
0- 00- 000000- 0, Number of Pages, Price